Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Serendipity XV

Okay, you sweet bastards I'm still here lurking, though unable to do much because of work eating my brain.  Here's a series of pictures I call "Mr. Raggi's Players Interact with NPCs." (I kid, James, I kid, haha).
"Where are the copper pieces!?"
And the orb of annihilation:
Actually that first one is the most brutal public domain pic I think I've ever seen. It's supposed to be the legendary way Marguerite de Bourgogne died but Wikipedia failed me here. What's the legend, history buffs?

4 comments:

  1. It seems that it's thought that she may have been strangled to death, since her husband, the king of France, had found her guilty of adultery and wanted to be able to remarry, but couldn't get the marriage annulled by the Pope since they were electing a new one at the time. She seems to have been forced to wear the cowl as part of her imprisonment.

    http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=flager&id=I18748

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am I very wrong for loving that #2 above? Surely she's the ex-headmistress. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a hireling that didn't want to look in a tiny hole, #3 didn't want to investigate a well . . .

      Delete