I think there are more possibilities in that direction. So let's not think like poets, but like engineers for a moment. I made a matrix made up of the entries from AD&D's monster stat blocks. If we consider relating one to another are there any interesting monster possibilities? Let's say the relationships between the first stat and the second can be:
And here's the matrix:
That's just over 500 possibilities. Let's zoom in on some:
- 3d is interesting, the slower the monster moves the higher its armor class.
- 237a would be like a hivemind, the more critters you encounter the more powerful their psionic ability.
- How about 195d, the smaller the critter, the smarter it is-- watch out for the dwarf ogres.
- Some of these could be behavioral- 111a could mean this monster in its lair gets more attacks per round.
- 51b = more treasure, slower moving. An creature armored with precious metal-- golden turtle.
- 125d = a monster that uses its hit point as fuel to damage you, a lava critter, or acid elemental, maybe
- 45b = a monster that is more vulnerable when it stops to use its mental attack
- 28d = nice monster when met singly, evil in groups- sounds like humans
- 157a = the more treasure the more likely it has a special defense (didn't someone suggest this for dragons recently?)
You get the idea. I'll let you search for some on your own